About our Classes...
TRIAL CLASSES & ASSESSMENTS
Not 100% sure if the programs, class time or location is right for you? No problem. We offer everyone the opportunity to take a trial class first. We want to make sure prospective students are happy in their chosen class and, as a parent, you are happy with the services and coaching we provide. We’re aware enrolling into a class is a commitment and you want to make the right choice.
The Trial class is one hour long and costs Dhs 60 per student (payable on the day before the start of the class). It is generally held from 2.00pm-3.00pm on the first and last Saturday of a term and if the student chooses to enroll, Registration can be completed online for a start at the beginning of the new term (or the following week if term has already started).
If you have missed the Trial class for a term then you are always welcome to come down to the gymnasium to watch our classes in action from the Reception area - this may assist both you and your child decide whether you would like to enroll in our classes or not (we do not allow children to trial within our regular scheduled classes as it is too disruptive to the existing students).The next scheduled Trial Class is: Saturday 1st September 2018, at 3.00-4.00pm at the Academy.
(Please note that for any of our classes, including the Trial Class, we can only accept girls that are 3 years or older and boys that have already reached 4 years of age)
- Please use one of our two viewing galleries which are situated either side of the VIP entrance. Kindly note that parents are no longer able to view the classes from within the main training area.
- One of our key focuses is to give children confidence through sport, we encourage them to take responsibility for themselves at training no matter their age. In the past some children have become reliant on their parent(s) being with them at training and therefore struggle to compete to their best ability when their parents are unable to accompany them.
- We understand, of course, that you are keen to follow your child’s progress and offer class viewings to accommodate this. Parents are invited to remain within the training facility within the last week of each term.
- Parents of our 3-4 year old gymnasts (Tiny Tots) may be asked to be present on the gymnasium floor if their child displays separation anxiety. Parents are requested to leave the class once their child has settled into the training routine but to remain at the facility throughout the class.
SAFETY & SECURITY
- CCTV is in operation at all times.
- We continue to take security very seriously and urge you to ensure if you are not waiting at the gymnasium for your child when they are in classes, that you arrive back to the gym at least 5 minutes before the end of the lesson in order to be able to collect them. Children should not leave the gymnasium Floor or Reception area unaccompanied by someone known to them and we ask you to please reiterate this with your child to ensure they fully understand the rule and the reasoning behind it.
- Parents of Tiny Tots gymnasts should be present in the waiting area for the duration of the training session. We also ask parents of any child that requires assistance in the bathroom to remain as well as coaches cannot leave the gymnasium floor to assist your child.
- Our policy for any student that is still awaiting collection after 7.00pm is for them to remain in the Main Reception area (where the blue chairs are) until a parent arrives and comes inside to collect them. The area is covered by our security cameras and is under the supervision of the facility staff (behind the shop counter) and also the Facility Manager Ms Iman. If a student is still awaiting collection by 7.30pm then we are notified by the facility staff and begin calling the number provided and, in the event are unable to reach you, your child/ren would remain in our care until you can be located.
- For the older children - we have noticed some parents encouraging their children to wait outside the facility gates to enable a faster collection. Please can we ask you NOT to encourage your child to leave the premises for any reason. All parents or collecting drivers must come into the carpark and collect the children from within the facility.